This joystick is very similar to the ‘analog’ joysticks on PS2 (PlayStation 2) controllers. Directional movements are simply associated with two potentiometers – one for each axis. POTs are approximately 10kΩ each. This joystick also has a select button that is actuated when the joystick is pressed down. Elint Labz has built a plug using this joystick and it can be mounted anywhere using screws.
Joystick plug is a analog input device to the interfacing system. It has a interfacing port with five pins named as G, V, X, Y & D. Here G represents Ground , V represents VCC, X and Y represents the data pins. X gives the Horizontal movement values of Joystick and Y gives the vertical movement values of Joystick. D pin of the plug is not used in this PCB run.
- When the joystick is in the center position both X & Y data pins give middle values i.e., 512.
- When the joystick is at extreme left position X data pin gives 1023 value.
- When the joystick is at extreme right position X data pin gives 0 value.
- When the joystick is at extreme top position Y data pin gives 1023 value.
- When the joystick is at extreme bottom position Y data pin gives 0 value.
- Operating voltage: 5V
- Size: 32mm x 35mm
Manual contains all required information for interfacing along with example codes.